July 4, 2016
On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 Rachel will be returning to Millennium Park to perform Bruch Violin Concerto No. 1 with the Grant Park Symphony Orchestra and Maestro Michal Nesterowicz. Lawn seating is free. Pavilion seats start at $25.
The contests begin on July 5, 2016 and end on July 10, 2016, with winners being announced by noon the following day. July 11, 2016 will be a bonus contest day with no prize, but entries will count toward the Grand Prize which will be announced by noon on July 12, 2016.
Daily prizes will include autographed CDs and books. One winner will be selected from all entrants in any of the daily contests to win a Grand Prize of two VIP Pavilion seats and the opportunity to meet Rachel backstage.
Entrants must be 18 or older (if you are younger than 18, please engage your parents) and be legal residents of the United States. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. To enter,
+ provide a relevant response, and
+ include #RBPJuly13 in your response.
Only one entry is allowed per person. However, the participant with the entry having the most retweets (Twitter) or likes (Facebook or Instagram) will receive ten additional entries for both that day’s contest and for the Grand Prize. If Rachel retweets or likes your entry, you will receive five additional entries for that day’s contest and for the Grand Prize.
See below for full contest rules.
We hope you enjoy the contests and look forward to seeing you at Millennium Park on July 13, 2016.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are members of Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram (depending on the social media site connected to each day’s contest) on the day of the contest, who are followers of Rachel Barton Pine’s social media account hosting the daily contest, and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of RBP Music, LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of RBP Music, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 10am CST and ending Monday, July 11, 2016 at 11:59pm CST, with each day hosting a daily contest on a different social media platform. All online entries must be received by 11:59pm CST on the day of the daily contest.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting a relevant response on the social media platform being used to host that day’s contest (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram). All entries must include #RBPJuly13 to be considered valid. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of RBP Music, LLC. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, accounts, profiles, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of RBP Music, LLC. If, in a daily contest, You have the entry with the most retweets (Twitter) or likes (Facebook or Instagram), you will receive ten (10) additional entries for both that day’s contest and for the Grand Prize drawing. If Rachel Barton Pine retweets (Twitter) or likes (Facebook or Instagram) Your entry, you will receive (5) additional entries for both that day’s contest and for the Grand Prize drawing.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) under the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive Rachel Barton Pine CDs or books, valued at less than $50, and autographed by Rachel Barton Pine, with the Grand Prize winner receive two (2) VIP Pavilion Tickets to the Grant Park Music Festival on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion at Millennium Park in Chicago, IL, valued at less than $200, and the opportunity to meet Rachel Barton Pine backstage. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by RBP Music, LLC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at RBP Music, LLC’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for RBP Music, LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of RBP Music, LLC. Winner will be notified by via social media within 24 hours following selection of Winner. RBP Music, LLC shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days (for Winner of daily contests) or 6 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER RBP MUSIC‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that RBP Music, LLC, anyone acting on behalf of RBP Music, LLC, and RBP Music, LLC’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of RBP Music, LLC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless RBP Music, LLC from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which RBP Music, LLC may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: RBP Music, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond RBP Music, LLC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, RBP Music, LLC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by RBP Music, LLC. RBP Music, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. RBP Music, LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, RBP Music, LLC reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless RBP Music, LLC, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: RBP Music, LLC, 333 W Hubbard Street, Suite 901, Chicago, IL 60654, USA. Requests must be received no later than July 31, 2016.
13. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Other Social Networks: The Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to RBP Music, LLC and not to any other party.